Year 7s maintain winning run

Hove Park year 7 were again in action on Wednesday 8th November In the third round of the National Cup against a very strong Durrington Side.

It was the toughest test for this side so far. Unlike any other game, Hove Park were on the back foot right from the kick off, waves of Durrington attacks came. The Hove Park defence was saturated with attacking Durrington forwards. Their tactics eventually payed off when a stray shot managed to somehow drop over the goal line. This was the very first time this Hove Park side had ever gone behind in a game. How would they respond?

There was no concern from the players, just a great attitude. They quickly brushed off the disappointing start and began to move up the field. A few chances began to be created only to be kept out by some outstanding goal keeping. Towards half time the tireless Dylan G broke through, held off two defenders and slotted a superb finish past the on rushing keeper. It was real credit to the side who had been under immense pressure for the majority of the half

1-1 Half time

Many tactical instructions were given out, more width was needed, the wingers switched sides.

The second half began with Hove Park seeing more of the ball. A corner was whipped in by Josh M on to the penalty spot, Joe K rose highest above everyone and buried the ball past the diving keeper, a huge celebration followed and it well deserved. 

The team then locked down defensively making them selves hard to get past. The Hove Park keeper was rarely troubled at this time. Another tactical switch was made Caleb R was brought on and Josh M again was switched out on to the right wing, within minutes the switch payed off as Josh M registered his fourth goal in two games putting the side 3-1 up. Ethan E then replaced goal keeper Micheal W for the final 10 minutes, Ethan was straight into action when the Durrington striker broke through in on goal, a one on one, Ethan stayed big and strong and pulled of a game clinching save. It broke the away sides moral. Hove Park managed to then see out the game for the remaining minutes.

Full time  3-1

Man of The Match - Joe K - A fantastic centre half’s performance with a vital goal at a crucial moment in the game

Mr Lowrie said after the game 

‘ I knew eventually we would concede first in a game, the most pleasing thing was the reaction of the team, for them to then see out such a tough half of football and manage to go into the break at 1-1 really laid the foundations for them to go on and win it in the second half. I’m immensely proud of them all today.’

We now await to see who we play in round 4 

Played 6

Won 6

Scored 45

Conceded 3